Mr. F. R. Fassett, who was one of the leading citizens of Livermore and served in the State Legislature in 1890, introduced a bill which allowed any township ...
Mr. F. R. Fassett, who was one of the leading citizens of Livermore and served in the State Legislature in 1890, introduced a bill which allowed any township to establish a union high school. Livermore established its high school which was opened in 1891 with E. H. Walker as teacher and principal in one of the rooms of the Livermore Grammar School. The Class of 1894 was first to graduate from Livermore Union High School. The contract for the first high school building was agreed upon December 31, 1892. The building consisted of eight rooms and was finished in the summer of 1893 on the site of what is now a Livermore Area Parks and Recreation District Facility. Immediately after spring vacation in 1930, the high school students moved into a new two-story, red brick building with 14 classrooms and an auditorium, located at the present site. In 1939, the building was made earthquake-proof and refinished with a stucco face. Since then, many new classrooms, buildings, and facilities have been added to the school. During the 1988-89 school year the auditorium was completely renovated, and is now known as the Livermore High School Performing Arts Theater.
Size: 6.54 MB
Price: 0,00 €
Day of release: 0000-00-0